Thursday 9 April 2009

I had my first lesson with my new mentor at Bankroll Supply last night. I feel extrmely lucky to be mentored by such a high profile player as Paul 'actionjack' Jackson! For those of you who haven't heard of him watch this video!

The session consisted of using software that allows him to view my screen and skype to discuss my decisions whilst playing. If I were paying for this kind of coaching I would shudder to think of the cost!

The main outcome of the session was that he felt I was playing at stakes well below my capability and has urged me to move on from $5 and $10 SNG's and start playing $10's and $20 to begin with moving on to $20's and $30's a.s.a.p. I'm really looking forward to this as SNG's have become a bit of a grind lately that are hardly worth it if you are not making a decent amount of money.

I must admit I was a little apprehensive at first because I wondered if a player of his caliber would be interested in someone playing at my level but was happy to find that he's a very down to earth guy who considers all levels the same. I can't wait for our future sessions now and am really looking forward to this great oppurtunity to move up in stakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment