Monday 20 April 2009


Having completed my first month with Bankroll Supply I feel it is time to reflect a bit on how
things have gone. I think the most significant outcome of the last month has been my jump from
the $5 games to the $20 ones as previously mentioned. This occured toward the end of the month thus my results can not be representative of how I'm doing at these stakes.


The hardest challenge of my first month was probably finding the time to put in 7-10hrs per week,as I work full time this was a bit of a challenge. However moving up in stakes has made this challenge a lot more interesting! If I could only learn to multitable more tables I would be able to complete my hours much quicker!

What have I learnt and what are my goals for the future?

I've learnt that HUD stats are invaluble when multitabling, even just VPIP and PFR :) I've learnt that even poker players as successful as Paul Jackson are able to bring themselves down to your level and offer highly relevant advice. And I've learned that I need to be a little less results oriented as the swings in SNG's, when you are playing low volume like me, mean you don't get much of an indication in the short term of how you are doing.

As for my goals, I feel a lot more focused than a month ago, when I was seriously lacking in
direction. For now my goals are to keep playing the $20 SNG's until I establish a large enough
sample size (400-500 games maybe) to decide whether I'm winning or losing at this new level. Thisshould be attainable by the beginning of July when I will be heading to Australia to visit my
family. When I add these results to my previous sample of 550 games on Full Tilt I should have a sample of 1000 games which I have read will give me a fairly reliable ROI.

Not much more else to say atm than gl me!!!

1 comment: