Wednesday 1 September 2010

Spain Part 2




2 weeks have passed and we find ourselves back in Malaga. If I were to sum up the last two weeks on the Theo's farm in a sentence it would be: 'Hot hard work in a beautiful scenic place interspersed with a challenging atmosphere'. What do I mean by 'challenging atmosphere'? Basically there were several arguments while we there including the owner having a go at us. Apparently this was commonplace though according to a family who lived on the farm. This put a bit of a downer on the whole experience tbh. However we gained a lot of experience from this this farm.

So far we´ve seen a snake, many lizards and lots of wasps. There was actually a wasp nest in our accommodation with wasps in it that liked to build cocoons in our clothes around dead spiders to feed their babies eggs on, harmless though.

One of the best things we did during our stay was go to the local village festival. It's an annual event called a ´feria´that every village has. There was singing, dancing booze and food, much fun :)

Our plan is to use the hostel in Malaga as a stepping stone to make plans about where to go next. A strong possibility is that we´ll go to the South of France to do some grape picking. The season for this begins very soon and we have a contact there to help us find work. In the meantime Tahti (my m8 who I´m travelling with) will be working part-time in the hostel and I´ll be chilling out and maybe playing a bit of poker :)

2 comments:

  1. Heh, Malaga eh? At least I can say I've been there, when I was eight. z: )

    Glad to hear that this has been such an interesting experience and I hope you and Tahti are still doing well. Sorry to hear about the owner having a go at you like but hopefully in the long term that may just seem like another part of the experience.

    France sounds interesting, hope that works out.

    You and your Poker. z: )

    Hope you keep well mate and send my best to Tahti as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx m8 :) I will say hi 2 Tat 4 u. Yeah, it already seems like part of the experience. France is still very much up in the air but I´ll let u know as soon as I do!

    Take care,

    Will.

    ReplyDelete